- Company:Piper Aircraft
- Employment type:Full time
Direct the activities of structural design engineers and cross-functional team members in the creation of new and modified designs that meet FAA certification and company requirements. Administer policies and procedures established by the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Design new airframe components, assemblies, and installations.
Produce conceptual layouts, manual installation, and assembly design and detail drawings using Siemens NX computer aided design (CAD).
Lead and direct engineering and design personnel in the creation of new and modified designs.
Track departmental programs drawings status and keep designers apprised of drawing schedule responsibilities.
Establish schedule for design/drafting tasks based upon existing manpower.
Compose Engineering Orders (EO) to correct drafting/design errors, revise design, or incorporate changes/modifications to existing three dimensional models and drawings utilizing Unigraphics.
Interact with outside vendors for the purpose of hardware selection.
Coordinate design work with stress analysts, aerodynamics, manufacturing, supply management, and other team members.
Review and validate installations and components through simulation, analysis, and test data interpretation.
Support production and customer support in the troubleshooting of assembly, installation, and operational problems.
Provide technical support for Legal, Marketing and Sales, and Customer Service departments.
May be required to supervise, train and assist other employees, on a project-by-project basis.
Perform other related duties as required.
Education and Experience
· Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, (preferably Mechanical or Aerospace)
· Minimum seven years related general aviation experience or equivalent combination education and experience.
· Strong leadership skills honed through experience in managing and inspiring teams.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities to collaborate effectively with internal teams, industry partners, and customers.
Working knowledge of Windows based computer programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook