- Company:Piper Aircraft
- Employment type:Full time
Provide senior-level airframe support to Liaison Engineering department:
· Function as primary first responder focal point for airframe Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, Safety, Facilities, Customer Support, and Air Safety on engineering and technical issues related to Type Design.
· Analyze and disposition production airframe nonconformances through standard repair methods.
· Represent engineering in Material Review Board (MRB) process of airframe nonconformance resolution by disposition of non-standard repairs including the substantiation of the proposed resolution.
· Investigate airframe engineering drawing and specification errors and propose suitable corrections through Corrective Action, Help Desk Requests or Specification Action Requests.
· Act and produce innovative solutions and exhibit resourcefulness to support integrated product teams to modernize Piper with airframe industry practices.
· Support Design and Manufacturing by determination of appropriate methods for fabricating, inspecting, and installing airframe components.
· Act in a mentoring capacity to junior engineers.
Senior Liaison Engineers must participate in resolving complex problems related to aircraft manufacturing that require a high level of ingenuity and innovation. They must verify accuracy of results through consultation with other authorities in the field and through formal review. They must have a working knowledge of aircraft regulatory requirements and apply this knowledge in developing repairs. They must resolve technical problems while taking into account quality, cost, and schedule. They must be able to review work in progress to ensure that specifications, design criteria, and schedules are maintained.
Position requires a bachelor's degree in aerospace or mechanical engineering from an ABET accredited institution and knowledge of aircraft materials/hardware, with a minimum of seven years MRB experience. Candidates shall be capable of working in diverse team environments and physically able to move in and out of the office/factory without restrictions.