- Company:Piper Aircraft
- Employment type:Full time
Provide engineering for the design, installation and support of new and modified powerplant and mechanical systems. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Create solid models of parts and installations.
· Create detail and assembly drawings and installations including bills of materials.
· Create engineering orders (EOs) and engineering work orders (EWOs).
· Create process specifications.
· Create ground and flight test plans and reports.
· Review test data and create charts and graphs.
· Create functional hazard assessments and system safety assessments.
· Interface with vendors and coordinate with purchasing for components.
· Interface with other engineering groups such as Avionics, Electrical and Structures.
· Support Production in the troubleshooting of assembly and operational problems.
· Provide technical support for Legal, Marketing and Sales, and Customer Service departments.
· Perform other related duties as required.
May be required to supervise, train and assist other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Requires a Bachelors' Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent. A minimum of three years of experience with powerplant and/or mechanical systems.
Pilot experience, airframe and powerplant (A&P) mechanic, and/or understanding of flight crew duties and responsibilities are preferred.
Working knowledge of systems normally found on an aircraft, including but not limited to internal combustion and turbine engines, propeller system, fuel system, fuel quantity system, fire detection system, flight control system, pitot/static system, environmental control system, cabin pressure control system, oxygen system, hydraulic system, brake system and anti-ice/de-ice system.
Working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) 21 and 23, are preferred.
Working knowledge of drafting and solid modeling, specifically Siemens NX and Teamcenter, are preferred.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs, specifically Office, Excel and PowerPoint, are required. LANGUAGE SKILLS:
The employee must possess the ability to communicate effectively with all internal and external customers in both written and oral form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to an office environment; and occasionally exposed to manufacturing environment and elements such as odor, noise, dust, heat, cold, chemicals, or some element present which makes conditions less desirable than usually found in an office.
Travel and overtime are required when necessary.
SAFETY AND POLICY PRACTICES:
The employee in this job must be knowledgeable in regard to the safety policies and procedures of the Company as described in the Company safety manual. The employee must adhere to all said policies and procedures while supporting the goals and objectives of the organization and recognize the Company's need to achieve its business objective. Employee is responsible for complying with Company hazardous waste disposal procedures.