- Location:Derby, United Kingdom
- Employment type:Full-time
East Midlands Training Ltd. is recruiting for a Graduate SIM Engineer to join their team at their East Midlands Training Centre (EMT), based at East Midlands Airport. The training centre is made up of 3 x full flight CAE Simulators and 2 x fixed based MPS simulators, which are used up to 20 hours per to provide recurrent training for the 5,500 pilots within the Ryanair Group and also for cadets undergoing initial type rating courses. We also have a host of other training equipment requiring maintenance for example Fire Trainer, Door Trainers etc
Our highly skilled SIM Engineering team carry out preventative maintenance and urgent repair of our Simulators. Quick action to resolve issues that affect the training of aircrew using the simulators and training equipment is a priority and to ensure minimum disruption to our pilot training schedule.
This is a rare opportunity to work as an entry level Flight Simulator Engineer and Graduates should have an Engineering Degree preferably in Mechatronics, Mechanical; Electronic/Electrical or Aeronautical Engineering.
This role will involve both day and night shift and Ryanair will provide extensive formal training to graduates including On-Job-Training.
As part of our Flight Simulator engineering team you will be responsible for:
• Ensuring all Simulators are maintained in accordance with the relevant maintenance programme.
• Performing schedule “fly outs” checks of the SIMs to ensure they perform to regulatory standards.
• Rectifying “AOG” defects to ensure maximum SIM availability for training.
• Closing of Pilot reported defects to ensure all Simulators meet the highest quality
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to adhere to tight deadlines.
Excellent planning skills with the ability to quickly analyse problems and implement practical solutions.
Interest in pursuing a career in SIM Engineering.
Ability to work shift and travel to other SIM facilities in Europe.