- Company:Piper Aircraft
- Employment type:Full time
Provide engineering liaison support for Production, Purchasing, Customer Service and other departments throughout the company as required. Analyze, research and test materials and related fabrication and application processes to develop and optimize materials used in aircraft structures, systems and components. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Provide Material Review Board (MRB) dispositions for Production in accordance with the Quality Manual (QM) and Engineering Policies and Practices Manual (EPPM).
· Interface between Engineering, Production and all other departments as required.
· Respond to Purchasing and Quality Assurance as required in support of vendor related issues.
· Assist in the procurement of new inventory items.
· Generate Engineering changes in support of MRB corrective action.
· Provide technical input for Service publications.
· Provide drawing revisions in accordance with Drafting Room Manual (DRM).
· Generate Engineering Orders (EO), new specifications and other supporting documentation as required in accordance with the E.P.P.M.
· Assist in the preparation of major structural repairs.
· Support design engineers in the selection of materials and processes to yield the optimum balance between function and cost for a design.
· Support manufacturing in developing, testing, and applying manufacturing processes required for the manufacture of aircraft.
· Maintain a working knowledge of current materials and process used in the aircraft industry.
· Support the quality department in the documentation and control of the materials and processes used in the manufacturing of aircraft, and aircraft assemblies.
· Interface with suppliers to resolve material and process problems in a manner that will assure quality product or service.
· Assist in training and development of personnel to expand the general knowledge of the materials and process discipline.
· Provide technical support to engineering and manufacturing to ensure products and processes adhere to FAA and company requirements.
· Perform other related duties as required by management.
Provide Engineer Level II airframe support to Liaison Engineering department:
· Function as primary “first responder” focal point for Airframe Structures Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, Customer Support, and Air Safety on engineering and technical issues related to Type Design.
· Analyze and disposition production airframe nonconformances through standard repair methods.
· Represent engineering in Material Review Board (MRB) process of airframe nonconformance resolution by disposition of non-standard repairs including the substantiation of the proposed resolution.
· Investigate airframe engineering drawing and specification errors and correct suitably through corrective action, drawing revision and engineering orders or specification action.
· Act and produce innovative solutions and exhibit resourcefulness to support integrated product teams to modernize Piper with airframe industry practices.
· Support Design and Manufacturing by determination of appropriate methods for fabricating, inspecting, and installing airframe components.
· Act in a mentoring capacity to junior engineers.
A Liaison Engineer II must participate in resolving complex problems related to aircraft manufacturing that require a high level of ingenuity and innovation. They must verify accuracy of results through consultation with other authorities in the field and through formal review. They must have a working knowledge of aircraft regulatory requirements and apply this knowledge in developing repairs. They must resolve technical problems while taking into account quality, cost, and schedule. They must be able to review work in progress to ensure that specifications, design criteria, and schedules are maintained.
Position requires a bachelor’s degree in aerospace or mechanical engineering from an ABET accredited college or university and knowledge of aircraft materials/hardware, with a minimum of five years MRB experience. Candidates shall be capable of working in diverse team environments and physically able to move in and out of the office/factory without restrictions.